Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sometimes

Sometimes I don't know if I'm taking a step forward or a step back.

This is my step forward part, after my Monday night binge, I've done pretty well eating wise. Thank you so much for all your encouragement. Mary Fran put it very directly in telling me not to start over tomorrow but to start over right then. Good advice. I feel much better just being able to voice (write) what is going on with me and not being condemned. Y'all knew just what I needed to hear (read).

Here is my step back part. Remember I mentioned twisting my ankle. Well, it continued to hurt really bad and stayed swollen so I went to the doctor yesterday, who did Xrays. Bottom line he found a hairline fracture in my foot!!!! I have a cast on my leg up to my knee for the next 6-8 weeks!!! Bless his heart, he did put a boot like heel thing on the bottom so I can get around with a cane, no crutches. He could take one look at me and tell I could not manage crutches. Talk about a challenge (not in a good way), dealing with this and driving are a hoot so is bathing (got to put my leg in a trash bag and duck tape it closed around my knee. Don't even try to picture it. Now I'm wondering how much this dang cast weighs. It feels like a ton. On the up side, I do have some mighty fine pain killers.

Of course all I want to do is eat and eat and eat some more but knowing that I can write about my woes may help me keep in control of the eating. Hope y'all are having a great day. I'm doing lunch at my desk and waiting to be brought a salad (not from Chik-fil-a JC) so I'll go for now.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

OMG, a fractured foot!?! Right or left?

Look on the bright side. Look at how much you'll lose when the cast comes off :o)

All you can do is weigh yourself right now and record the losses until then. Just don't bother with the weight itself, just the losses. As for me I think I probably would have come home and eaten a whole bag of potato chips at my pity party.

MaryFran said...

oh my word! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! I'm hoping and praying that it heals QUICKLY!

Do not let this little bump in the road derail you! You can still focus on eating healthy, which is a big part of this journey.

Ok, exercise. First of all, you are lugging around that cast...that's gotta be burning you a few extra calories! (ok, so I'm an optimist...my glass is definitely half full!) BUT there is more that you can do. If you have hand weights, could you sit for a bit in the evenings and work out your upper body with some handweights? I've heard about soemthing call chair dancing/exericse. I think there is a video that you can get. It may be worth the effort, who knows!

Girl, you just keep your chin up!!! You are gonna come through this little SIDE step (I refuse to look at it as a step backwards) with flying colors! I'm here for you.......together we will get you through this little bump in the road!

JC said...

Dang Anna Belle, you sound so calm in this post. You must really have some great drugs. Do you need someone to come take care of you. I'm busy a can be at work but I have some time I can take off. I'll email you. Which leg?? Are you driving???