Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I FORGOT

My boss' birthday. Her 40th birthday. It was a hectic day as usually so I hid out in my office as best as I could but around 3:30 pm she appears at the door. In her hand are two huge pieces of birthday cake. I realized immediately what I had done. She of course was concerned about me because I had been so quite for the last couple of days (she knows what I have been doing no secret there). She just decided to bring me a piece of her cake and have a snack with me. Well she is the size of a straw and eats crap all the time. How she does it I don't know. I'm secretly hoping it will catch up to her in the next 15 years when she is my age but I don't plan on hanging around to watch her butt spread. She is o.k. as far as bosses go but I hate being evaluated by someone who is so much younger. Sometimes I get the "I don't want to hear how it was done back in the day" look and then there is the "Oh Lord when will she retire" look. Yes, I ate the cake but I had done really well up to the point.

In order to save face, I chirp, "how about you letting me take you to lunch tomorrow." Thinking she would give me a list of things more demanding of her attention but she said she would love that!!!!!! So, we have just returned from O'Charley's. I looked at Dottie's site before I went and decided on a house salad, lite honey mustard dressing on the side and a cup of potato soup 11 points tops. That is what I did. It make such a big difference deciding before hand. She didn't question my selection; she got the same thing. However, I ate a roll, had it in my mouth before I even thought. I counted it 3.5 pts for one roll!!!!! It was so good. I still have some points for dinner.

Thanks all of you that left comments yesterday. I stuck a writing pad in my purse so I can scribble what I wrote as soon as I can rather than waiting until I get home. I'm remembering it is one day at a time. Tomorrow is another business luncheon. It is at a local cafe and we will be ordering from the menu. I found some salad dressing in individual serving pouches so I'm going to stick one of those in my purse so I'll know exactly what I'm putting on the salad I'm planning on having.

I gotta plan and I'm going to work it.

3 comments:

JC said...

OMG Anna B. sometimes our paths are just to freaky. I took my boss to lunch today at O'Charley's and got the same thing for lunch. My boss however did not bring a piece of birthday cake to me. She was toooo busy for that and I've been trying to take her to lunch for about a week now. It is hard on us old girls to answer to the youngones. Mine is bright and a Godly woman. She doesn't give me any of those looks but I'm sure she feels like it sometimes.

Hang in there girlfriend. Like others are telling you it is a process. Nothing but our attitude changes quickly. Graces and blessings to you.

Deborah said...

I'm really proud of your choice at the lunch with the boss. You did good! Rolls are my downfall too. I love bread and sometimes I do the same thing. But you had points left for dinner, YAY!

What a good idea to take your own dressing for the salad. I'd never thougth of that. Thanks for the tip.

kikimonster said...

LOL... yesterday at work we had birthday cake as well. I asked for a tiny sliver, and the other guy in the office who is/has been losing weight took none at all. I ate my sliver, minus all the extra frosting they gave me.