Sunday, August 10, 2008

TEN REASONS WHY

I feel like a late night talk show host listing my 10 reasons why I want to reach and maintain my goal weight but this is my first assignment of the 100 Day Challenge. Actually it is an assignment before the first day. Honestly I don't know if I can come up with 10 reasons but here goes.
  1. To be healthy.
  2. To be strong, physically, mentally and emotionally.
  3. To get off medications for blood pressure and cholesterol.
  4. To become visible; I feel invisible now. People look around me rather than looking at me. If I didn't show up for work, no one would notice.
  5. To improve the way I feel about myself. It is hard to love others when you don't love yourself.
  6. To change my self talk; to stop seeing myself the way I think others see me because I really don't know how they see me. Others probably don't really care enough to have an opinion about me one way or the other.
  7. To do activities that either I can't do now or will not do now. I make up excuses for not attending social events because I'm uncomfortable.
  8. To let the person I'm meant to be out.
  9. To shop for regular size clothes. This is something I have never done.
  10. To make new friends with healthier lifestyles.

Thank you Deborah and Cammy for coming to visit. I can't express to you how grateful I am that you took time out of your day to visit and leave such warm and helpful comments. I'm amazed at how much better I feel just being in contact with someone that understands my struggles. I admit I'm nervous about weighing in tomorrow. After reading your comments, I think I am less likely to chicken out.

Oh and JC, what can I say. I love you my friend. Thanks for your encouragement and for talking me through how to do the linky thing.

It has been a good food day and I walked around the yard today. Baby steps, I know but still steps.

Since I did the 10 reasons today, I'll start with the first assignment tomorrow.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

What a great start by listing the 10 reasons! Wish I'd read that book before I started. My list would have been EXACTLY like yours.

Baby steps are the way to begin and proceed. Baby steps are the only way this journey will ever be successful.

And sometimes baby steps are the only way you can walk if you over do it with the exercise like I did a couple of weekends ago and climbed 527 stairs. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I advise not to give that one a try until later. I felt like Tim Conway walking around the house my legs hurt so badly.

Keep up the positive attitude and get to that meeting on Monday.

JC said...

O.K. Anna Belle. I'm waiting to here. How did it go? You did go? Didn't you? Girl you can do this. I know your probably tired after working all day so I'll check in tomorrow. Grace and blessing to ya.