Saturday, August 9, 2008

MY VERY FIRST POST

HELLO EVERYONE IN BLOGGERSPACE!! Is there such a word as Bloggerspace? I must admit I'm in very unfamiliar territory. However, a friend encouraged me to blog. She said it would help me on my weight loss journey, to write about what is going on with me. Since, according to her, there are a lot of people with my same issues.

I've never know what it is like to be a normal size not even as a child but now I'm over 50 and maybe my best years are behind me but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've tried so many times in the past but I never reached out to anyone else.

I have over 100 pounds to lose. I'll leave it at that. I can't bring myself to post my weight tonight. I'm going to start back to Weight Watchers this coming Monday. My secret which isn't a secret at all is that I'm a binge eater. I do fine for a while but then it is as if I become another person. A person I don't know, understand, or like but she is me and I suffer the consequences of her actions.

If there has ever been a book about emotional eating or dieting of any kind, I have it on my bookshelf. Today while looking for something, I don't recall what, I found a food journal from 2001. I've been on and off diets (Weight Watchers three times) for the last 40 years.

The same person that recommended I blog also gave me a book "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Linda Spangle so I'm going to be working on that book while doing Weight Watchers.

I know I have emotional issues that I must deal. I'm coming up on another birthday, which is just another reminder that I am getting old, no children, no husband, just alone. I don't want to sound sad or pitiful but I decided on 8/8/8 to get honest and be honest with others so there you have it. You whoever happens up on this blog.

I know my past failures must not affect my future so even though I have a long way to go, I'll just take it one day at a time. One hour at a time if I have too. Your help in the way of comments and letting my know you care will be so appreciated.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Welcome, Anna Belle!

I'm over 50 too, well actually over 60. And this is my umpteenth time losing weight. I've been on WW before a few times too and I joined again a year ago this past July. It is so much better than it was back in the 60's when I first started with them.

When I started this time I was 249 lbs. and have set my goal at 150 lbs. So far I've lost 60.5 lbs. I've been on a plateau for the past couple of months that finally broke last week or so.

I'm actually not on WW anymore but raather counting calories. This is working for me at this time. We all have to find what works and do that.

Don't worry about the past, just take it one meal at a time. One of the things that helps me is to plan a days eating and log it into the computer. Then if I eat less I delete it. And if I want more I have to look and see what else I had planned for the day to see if I can have it. Just a suggestion.

Come see me at http://debbiesq.blogspot.com

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Helloooo! Welcome to the blog world! You're in good hands here.

Like you, I was overweight for many, many years. (Okay, was it really necessary to repeat the 'many'? LOL) I turn 50 next Sunday and for the first time in my adult life, I'm at a healthy weight. I've lost 95 pounds in the past 18 months or so, and blogging has been a huge helper in the fight.

You're on the right track by taking it one day at a time. It's the only way to fly. :) I look forward to watching your successes!

JC said...

Anna Belle, See there are other's out there besides me. HA!! Love ya, JC

FluffyDonna said...

Hi AnnaBelle, it's a pleasure to meet you! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

You are not alone! I may not have as much wisdom for weight loss as say JC, Cammy and Deborah, but I certainly know what it feels like to be invisible. And also to feel like two people, one who wants to do whatever it takes to be happy, while the other me wants to destroy everything I've accomplished.

It's rough, and it's bumpy and it ain't easy, but with the right support and enough perseverance, we can do this together!

kikimonster said...

When I started, I had 100 pounds to lose. Now I'm close to hitting that 50 pound mark. You can do it! Just think positively rather than dwelling on the numbers. One thing I did was to break the 100 pounds up into 25 pound increments and celebrate when I hit my mini-goals.