Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF

After my rant last evening, I am better. Today was busy at work. Same ole; same ole. I went to Target after work and just walked the isles I figured that would be better than nothing in the way of exercise. Nothing is what I'm accustomed to. Food wise I did pretty well. I made a list for the grocery store tomorrow but I need some advice.

I'm torn between buying fat free or low fat or just regular food. What do you do? Part of me says just buy what you like, eat it in moderation or less and add veggies & fruit. The diet Nazi me says, fat free or low fat everything.

Hopefully I'll stay on track this weekend. I don't usually eat much on the weekends it is the work week (work stress) that sends me running for food. On weekends, I just don't think that much about eating.

Well, that is it for now. Sorry it is boring but your advice is appreciated.

4 comments:

kikimonster said...

I started reading from the top, so sorry if you answer my question below. Are you following a certain eating plan? WW? Sparkpeople? I've been paying more attention to calories than anything else, so I pick my food that way, rather than low fat/no fat, because some fat is good!

Deborah said...

Glad you feel better after your rant. Don't ya just love this blog place where you can do that and everyone understands and then you feel better?

As for fat-free/low-fat. I went that route myself. You will probably have to experiment like I did. I bought all the FF/LF stuff in the beginning and found out that I just couldn't handle a lot of it. So I have a few things that I've stuck too in that catagory but went back to the full flavor stuff and eat it in moderation.

FYI, I can handle FF/LF in: mayonnaise, coffee creamer, salad dressings, yogart, Land-o-Lakes Light Butter (I never acquired a tast for margarine) and pop corn. The rest I just eat a liitle to satisfy the taste buds.

I switched to olive oil and only use a teaspoon or tablespoon to fry with if I want to. I also switched to light soy milk (vanilla flavored)...sorry I was gone so long, I had to go look in the fridge...and egg beaters.

Just some suggestions for you to ponder.

Wish my weekends were easy for me food wise like yours. They are the hardest time for me. I eat when bored and I'm really bored on the weekends. All my family and friends are usually busy with their families and having fun and I just set here wishing I were closer to my family so I could join them.

JC said...

Like the others have said you will just have to experiment to decide what works for you. One thing I switched and can't tell the difference is Sour Cream. I went from regular to Fat Free. Just a good on a tater or taco salad or chili or on fruit. I just came from doing me Saturday errand including the farmers market.
Have a great weekend.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Chiming in late, and only to echo what the others have said: it's all experiment. I've eaten "lite" salad dressing for years, as well as reduced fat yogurt and cheese. I also drink reduced-fat soy milk. I odn't like most fat-free products, so I just eat less of the reduced fat. I don't eat fried anything, and I don't keep butter or margarine in the house.

When I was first starting out, I kept 100-calorie snacks on hand (no idea what those count as wW points), and I had a self-imposed rule that I could have one a day if I wanted it. Some days I didn't have one, but most days I did. It helped ease the transition from unhealthy snacking to eating healthier.