Tuesday, August 12, 2008

BABY STEPS

O.K. I went to WW last night even though I almost didn't. It was Monday for heaven's sake!! I was tired from work. I didn't want to meet new people; just to get a cold shoulder or disgusting glance. However, what kind of whinny would I be, if after all my proclamation I didn't go. Knowing I was going to rejoin and thus, have to keep a food journal. I ate yesterday like a crazy woman because this is what I do. Enough whining.

I went and it wasn't all that bad. When I have gone before the workers seems disinterested in another person and the leaders were well, old and crabby ( Drill Sargent types). Let me tell you I was met by one of the most pleasant young women I have ever met. She turned out to be the leader. The weigh-in person didn't glare at me like I was a waste of her time. Best part, I don't weigh as much as I thought. Yes, 226 is a bunch but not near what I was expecting. Many people spoke to me and as I looked around I saw people my size and some larger.

I don't remember exactly what the meeting was about but I remember the kindness and enthusiasm of the leader. Apparently when you lose 5 lbs you get a sticker, the leader makes a big deal of it and asks the person getting the sticker how much they have lost and how they did it. I was amazed at how many have lost a lot. One lady about my age said she had lost 50 lbs over the last year, another was 40 over the last 6 months so I guess it just depends on a lot of factors.

After the meeting, the new people stayed and the program was explained. Right now I have several goals. One from my doctor, he wants me to get below 200. WW says to concentrate on 10% to start with and long term goal of 137. My personal goal is 123 but I don't know why I came up with that number. I admit I was overwhelmed by the time I got home last night but in a good way.

I didn't do any work on the 100 Day Challenge. To much stress just send me to food so I'll work on that this afternoon.

JC thanks for not giving up on me; I know your my soul sister.

Deborah thanks for coming by and leaving your encouraging comments and tips. You are a true blessing.

Everyone have a great Tuesday.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

YAY, you did it. And it wasn't as stressful as you thought either! And you didn't weigh as much as you thought. How wonderful for you!

Hey, you don't have to keep thanking me. What are friends for?

I think the leader was right, just concentrate on the 10%. That will help your health tremendously. And about the goal they set and the one in your mind...just concentrate on getting healthy and you can have your doctor evaluate you later to see what he wants your goal to be. That's the best route.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Sometimes I think the toughest part is the getting started. Good for you for taking those first steps! That's not a bad weigh-in at all. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll reach that first goal!

JC said...

Hey Anna B. You make me smile. I'm proud of you. I know it was hard but we just have to face our fears. Sometimes we just have to do things afraid. Remember one day at a time. One hour if that is what it take. We are almost the same size so we will do this together. I'm pretending I'm brand new. Don't laugh!!! I can pretend anything I want as long as it works. Love ya, JC

Anonymous said...

Hey, Anna Belle! I just happened upon your blog and wanted to tell you I'm already so excited for your journey. Good luck to you! Like the previous poster said, sometimes you just have to do things afraid. "Fake it till you make it," they say!

Anyway, my best to you! I know you'll have challenges, but I'm absolutely certain you will have success. :)