Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO????

It seems that since Monday night all H_ _ L has broken loose at work. I have no one to grip at when I get home so I found myself griping to myself. To many deadlines, not enough help, stupid boss, dumb co-workers, and I will not even get started on office machines. All of that isn't true, my co-workers are not dumb, they just do and say dumb things and my boss isn't stupid all the time.

I didn't have the best of eating day Tuesday because I thought a Zaxby's salad would be a good choice. I was wrong!!! Almost my entire day's worth of points in one salad. Today is better because I used that dining out guide to help me. I decided first what I would get and got it. Of course the day is not over and my house is not cleared out of snack food. But, according to a girl at work she said she actually counts out 15 potato chips, if that is what she wants, and counts the points. She has a family so she doesn't keep separate food for herself.

Now on some level I know they said Monday night we don't have to buy special foods and all that but in my head I'm still thinking I have to clear my cabinets of bad food. I have a lot to learn. As for the 100 Day Challenge, it will just have to wait until I can get WW program into my head.

So far, I haven't binged in two whole days. I know that sounds stupid but it isn't. I so want to eat everything in site.

Hope all of you have had a great Wednesday.

6 comments:

Pattie said...

Hi Anne Belle -

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and introduced yourself. It's nice to meet you!

I'm thrilled to read that you've joined Weight Watchers! I think you'll love it. You're right: in the beginning, there is a lot to learn. But don’t worry: you'll get it. Soon you'll know the Points of everything like an old pro!

I used to be a WW leader, and I know from losing weight with the program and then leading 13 groups a week - those meetings are a vital part of the success. You'll find SO much encouragement and support there. Most important (for me, at least) is that when I had a bad week, going to the meeting helped me close the door and start fresh every week.

So yay you! Be patient with yourself as you learn: missteps will happen, but that's part of the process of change. Just never give up - and remember that we're always here to support you!

Deborah said...

Making the right choices when eating out can be a tough one. My second week on WW was when I went to the beach for a weeks vacation. I ate a LOT of boiled shrimp and a bite of my families veggies and potatoes. That's when I learned to make my own dessert...Strawberry Pie. Recipe at the end...

I still keep one or two of my favorite snacks in the house and yes I count out 11 Doritos when I really need somethig yummy and close the bag and put it away. I know me and if I deprive myself of all the things I LOVE I'll never finish this looooonnnnnggggg journey.

Yippie on not binging in two whole days. Remember just one day at a time. And if you slip. Just put it behind you and start all over on the next day. That's all we can do. None of us are perfect, thank goodness :o)

Strawberry Pie

One pre-made graham cracker crust.
One package Fat-Free/Sugar-Free Strawberry Jello.
One package Fat-Free/Sugar-Free COOK AND SERVE vanilla pudding. (MUST BE COOK AND SERVE)
1 1/2 Cups water
One container of Strawberries

Mix jello and pudding mix in a sauce pan. Add water. Bring to a boil slowly stirring constantly. When mixture turns transparent and becomes thick remove from stove. Slice strawberries into pie crust. Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate until cold. Serve with Cool Whip Free.

If memory serves me right 1/8 of the pie is only 1 point and the cool whip is only 1 point.

Sorry I wrote a book here :o)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You're off to a great start! We had really hoped you wouldn't find out how difficult this is until the second week. :)

These are big changes you're making and you're not going to get every single one right on the first try. The trick is to keep on trying--don't try to be perfect, just try to do better than you did the day before. And when you don't, hold up your head and keep on marching. There's not a one of us who haven't done the same thing, or something worse!

JC said...

Don't fret Anna B. Like the others have said you will learn it and before you know you will be teaching others. Just wait and see. Hey that receipe for Strawberry pie sounds YUMO. I might have to try it myself.
Grace and blessings to you.

Susie said...

Hi Anna Belle,
Thanks for visiting me! Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the world of blogging. It's a wonderful support group of friends who can help encourage you through your weight loss journey!

:)

kikimonster said...

Xaxby's is sooooo evil. I think I gained about 30 pounds the day it opened up in the town that I used to live in. You'll get your routine down, don't be so hard on yourself.