Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WAY OFF

Picture me with a sad and embarrassed face. I didn't go weigh in last night and I haven't posted in a couple of days. WHY!?!? You ask. Because I have gotten so far off course. Sunday was a great day for old me but not so much for the new me. I was invited out after church with several old ladies (me included) and I ate like I always ate. At the time it didn't even occur to me not to!!! Red Lobster, did I eat baked or grilled fish, NO. I'm not even going to list all I ate because well you can just figure it out for yourself but no veggies were included.

Sunday night what I did hit me when I realized I had not written down anything I ate that day and I realized that Monday was weigh in.

Monday was a stressful work day so I had a huge lunch because I had weighed Monday morning and was up like five pounds so I was so discouraged I figured why bother.

Now I admit this is twisted and sick thinking but this has been my thinking for a long, long, long time. I spent Monday after work in tears. Today I'm trying so hard to get back on track. This is my greatest challenge and always has been. Things are hectic at work and it seems like every button that can be pushed in me is by some idiot. Anyway, I'm posting at 12:09 p.m. to clear my mind instead of rushing out for all the food I can find.

I brought my dining out guide with me so I can figure out what I will have for lunch before I go. I've settled on Chic-fil-a, chargrilled ck salad with FF honey mustard dressing and a Coke Zero around 7 points total.

I checked the WW website and found the WW meets on Thursday night so hopefully I'm determined to go to meeting and weigh in.

3 comments:

kikimonster said...

Don't be so down on yourself! We all go off track. I know I did last night at my celebratory dinner! But don't give up. That would be the easiest thing to do. Keep going!!!

Deborah said...

Anna Belle, please quit beating yourself up over a slip. We all go through it and all we can do is pick up ourselves up by our boot straps and get back on that horse.

Thursdays might be a better day for you to weigh-in anyway. That way if you slip on the weekends (which happened this week) you have all week to make up for it.

Remember why you began this trek to a healthier you and hang in there. I know you can do it.

It takes forming new habits and that is a tough thing to do and something that can't be accomplished overnight or in one week for that matter.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Deborah and kikimonster said it well. It takes time to build a habit. That's no excuse to binge, but it does explain how we can get off track. One thing that might help is to have a note card or note book with you when you eat meals out to write down what you eat. It will serve as a reminder to order healthier options.

Hang in there!